It's April 25 and we have 16"+ of new snow on the ground. This is not the kind of April shower we need to make our May flowers grow. Yesterday we could see all of the grass in our front yard, and the recent sun and warm(er) weather had made some serious progress on the backyard. Funny thing... The deadline to have snow tires off is next Wednesday, April 30. It's looking like that might need to be extended a bit! Good thing we've been lazy and still have ours on. I'll give it this... It is beautiful. But enough already! We're ready for some flip-flop and BBQ weather.
Mark and I are planning on doing some landscaping this spring/summer, so we're anxious to get started on that. We ripped up all of the old nasty planter boxes in our backyard the other day, but the ground was still partially frozen, so we didn't get that far. Ahh, life in Alaska.
2 comments:
All I can say is.........I'm glad I'm in Grand Junction! I do miss you though!!!
Wow! Our 1 1/2 inches on the farm doesn't seem so bad :-) I could probably make a better snowman with all that snow!
Post a Comment