Two months already!?! Mark and I have enjoyed watching Kenley sprout over the past couple of months. She got off to a slow start in the weight-gain department. She's still a little tyke, but she's starting to pack on the pounds and has grown out of a lot of her newborn clothes.
At her two-month Well Baby appointment, she weighed in at 9 lbs. 15 oz. (30th percentile), she's 23.25" tall (85th percentile) and her head circumference is 37.5" (25th percentile). So basically, she's a long and lean machine! She got poked with her first round of vaccinations, which was not very pleasant, but we all survived. She was fussy and had a small fever for about a day, but it's worth it to have a healthy baby.
Kenley is starting to become more interactive. When her Daddy comes home from work in the evening, she tells him all about her day. She loves her jungle-themed bouncer seat and has started to "talk" to her jungle friends. She smiles in response to our smiles and conversations, and can hold her head up on her own, although she does kind of resemble a bobblehead. Pretty soon her head will be strong enough that we'll be able to put her in her Jumperoo and Bumbo seat.
It seems like all I've been talking about lately is Kenley, Kenley, Kenley, but she really is my life now. I'll try not to be that super obnoxious mother, though! Mark and I are so excited to watch Kenley grow, and we look forward to what's to come.
2 comments:
From one obnoxious Mother to another: keep the annoyance coming, I love to hear all about Miz Kenley's life in below zero. She is so precious.
You will never stop talking about her, trust me! She is a cutie. :)
Post a Comment