Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quatro


Four months. Kenley continues to astound us with her cuteness and fun personality. It sounds so cliche, but she's the center of our universe, and we're loving every minute.

She's starting to roll over now, and has a hard time sitting still when we're trying to change her britches. We think she's in the early stages of teething, too, because she's constantly drooling over everything and she puts everything, especially her hands, in her mouth. And the smiles? Ohhh, the smiles. They get us every time.

I returned to work full-time on Jan. 31 after a nice, long, blissful maternity leave, which was very, very, very, very (did I mention very?) hard. I'm still not completely adjusted, and I'm not sure I ever will be. BUT, during the week we take Kenley to a great woman named Betsy who runs a small at-home daycare. So even though I'm not with Kenley every minute of every day, I know that she's in good hands while I'm on the clock. And once we establish a routine, things will get easier and easier... Right?!?

Kenley caught her first cold last week, which led to her first ear infection. Talk about an inconsolable crying fit! She took a "sick day" and went to see Dr. McArthur, who prescribed her some Amoxicillin to help rid the infection. It's hard to see your baby in pain, not knowing what's wrong, and especially not being able to comfort her.

Kenley's Nannie and Pappy Dobson (Jess's parents) left Alaska on Jan. 21 to travel down the Alcan Highway to their "snowbird" destination, Grand Junction, CO. With a dog and a cat in tow (yes, a cat), they made it safely to the red rocks in record time -- only five days.

SO. Here's to four months, and continuing to enjoy watching Kenley grow into a lovely young lady. Cheers!

0 comments: