Little Kenley Ella is 7 months old! She's starting to babble more, and has the dadada and bababa sounds down pretty well. We even heard a "ma" this morning, so the long-awaited "mama" word is on its way... She is on the verge of crawling. She has all the pieces figured out; now she just needs to figure out how to put them all together.
Kenley has been eating solids for the past couple of months now, and she seems to like most everything we've given her--with the exception of spinach. She especially likes peaches and sweet potatoes. Pretty soon I'll start experimenting with making her food with my new "Magic Bullet"! :) We tried giving her pear juice in a sippy cup today and she wasn't the least bit interested... Better luck next time!
I had a great first Mother's Day weekend with my family. We went to the Alaska Zoo and the Anchorage Museum. We are new members of the museum, so we'll enjoy several more trips throughout the year. The Imaginarium now lives in the museum, so Kenley will really love exploring there as she grows. I used to go to the Imaginarium when I was a little girl and I have a lot of fun memories of the place.
It's finally springtime in Anchorage! Mark and I recently spent some time cleaning up our yard and busting out the patio furniture. It's nice to be able to spend some more time outside again. We got Kenley a walker so she can hang with us out on the back deck. I also got a Baby Jogger for my birthday from my parents, so we've taken that out a few times now. The dogs were especially excited to go on a jaunt to the dog park!
More to come soon...

1 comments:
Can't wait to see all of you! Love ya!
Post a Comment