Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July 2008






This year for the 4th of July, Mark and I drove down to Trail River Campground to meet up with our longtime friends Michael and Katelin Walker.  They had been down there all week, so they already had a primo camp site staked out for us.  Their parents, Steve and Stephanie, weren't there for the camping because they were out in Resurrection Bay on a sailboat... Too bad for them!  Us "kids" had a good time taking over the motorhome, having camp fires, playing games, and going into Seward to watch the big Mount Marathon race on the 4th.  These people are crazy - the winner of the men's race went up and down a 3,022-foot-tall mountain in less than 45 minutes.  How is that even possible?  It would probably take me half the day. ;)

We took our two dogs into Seward with us, and they both did surprisingly well around the crowd of people.  Both Mark and I were really surprised.

Our campground was about 25 miles north of Seward, and situated right next to the beautiful Kenai Lake (16 miles long and 600' deep in places -- tidbits from my tour guide days coming out!).  Here are some pics from our 4th weekend.  Enjoy! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Jess. I'm glad y'all enjoyed camping. Steve and I did miss being with you kids, but I have to admit, sailing was oh so wonderful! We will have to get out on a trip together still this summer!