One of the first things that Mark and I wanted to change about our house was the entryway. But of course, many other projects took priority. More than two years after closing on our house, we finally bit the bullet and had the stale, nail hole-ridden space freshened up. Here's Mark and Buddy posing for the before shot...
I found Trailboss Solutions on Craig's List and was instantly impressed with their work based on their online portfolio. Although this was a small job for them, all the folks at Trailboss were very friendly and professional throughout the whole process. Here's a shout-out to Scott, Lee and Peter -- thanks guys! I know for a fact that if we ever need other projects done around the house that we can't do (or don't want to), we'll call Trailboss. Oh, and hey, one of their beautiful kitchen remodels was recently featured in Alaska Home Magazine.
Naturally, as the paint was going up I got a little nervous about the color I chose. After living for two years with the stark white that it was, the warm yellow color was a bit of a shock when I first saw it going up on all the walls. Now that I've had some time to sit with it, I love it. It definitely has a more yellow tone than I was originally expecting, but it goes well with the rest of the colors in our house.

And (drum roll, please) the final product... Ahhhh. Home sweet home.

In progress...
We got our new chandelier at Brown's Electric. It's perfect for the space. Mark couldn't have picked a better light -- good job, babe!
1 comments:
Wow.. it turned out great! I think the color blends in very well and I cant believe what a difference the chandelier makes. I didnt realize how outdated the old one looked until I saw the new one! As always, you made great decorating choices! I cant wait to see it "in person". Love you both, Mom H.
Post a Comment