Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Our new addition: Kenley Ella

On Oct. 10, 2010, Mark and I welcomed our daughter Kenley Ella Hamlin into the world. She was born at 5:09 a.m. and weighed in at 8 lbs., 1 oz. and measured 21" long. Her original due date was Oct. 14, but we're very happy she decided to make her debut on 10-10-10!


The Hamlin Family
We were at the Walker's house (our good friends) when my water broke. A couple hours later, we were checked into the hospital. I was three centimeters dilated by the time we arrived, and I quickly progressed from there. Our labor adventure started in the triage unit, where I was hooked up to monitors to check vitals and track my contractions. Soon after, we were transfered from triage to labor and delivery. At five cemtimeters, and after some very intense contractions, it was time for an epidural. Before the epidural was in and doing its magic, I had already dilated to eight centimeters! The anesthesiologist didn't think he was going to be able to catch up with me. The epidural slowed the labor slightly, and I didn't start pushing until about 3:30 a.m. Overall, the labor and delivery went very well.

8 lbs. 1 oz., 21"
First bath
Kenley Ella Hamlin
10 fingers and 10 toes, born on 10-10-10!
My parents, Nancy and Warren Dobson, and our friends Steve and Stephanie Walker, came to the hospital at about midnight to be with us during the labor. Kenley made them wait five whole hours before she decided it was time to come out of her mommy's belly!

Proud Poppa Dobson
Nannie and Kenley
Later on her birthday, Kenley got to meet her Grandma and Grandpa Hamlin and Great-Grandma Hamlin. As soon as they got news that we were in labor, they snagged some airline tickets from Washington to Alaska to meet the newest addition to the Hamlin family. Kenley is a very lucky lady to have such amazing grandparents!

Great-Grandma Hamlin
Grandma and Grandpa Hamlin
After getting cleared by my obstetrician and Kenley's pediatrician, we packed our bags and came home on Tuesday, Oct. 12 in the afternoon. Our parenting adventure has begun!

Getting ready to leave the hospital
Kenley all bundled up, ready to go home (Stephanie Walker made this adorable hat)
Meeting our little girl was an unforgettable moment that words can't describe. Mark and I are so excited and proud to be her parents. We're enjoying getting to know Kenley more and more each day, and are very much looking forward to making many happy memories together!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

We're so excited for all of you. Kenley Ella is beautiful! Love you all very much. Nannie and Papa