Despite the crummy weather, Mark and I were able to get out and stroll Powerline Pass last Saturday. It's a nice trail in the Chugach Mountains about 15 minutes from our house. We did get rained on, but it was still nice to get out and get some fresh air. We've had so much rain this summer that I've felt like I've had "cabin fever," which is going to make for a very long, dark winter. Though having a brand new little one around will help the time pass, I'm sure!
Powerline Pass starts at the trailhead of the popular "Flat Top" hiking trail, but veers off to the left and ambles along the bottom of the mountain valley. We didn't hike the whole thing, but probably made it about halfway before the rain started and we decided to turn around. We packed a little picnic and enjoyed watching the fog roll into the valley as we snacked. It was a great hike to do at 30 weeks pregnant -- not very wicked at all. It would make for a great bike ride because it's fairly flat and the trail is wide. Maybe next summer...
0 comments:
Post a Comment